- Title Pages
- List of Acronyms
- 1 The Role and Relevance of International Bureaucracies: Setting the Stage
- 2 Understanding International Bureaucracies: Taking Stock
- 3 Studying the Influence of International Bureaucracies: A Conceptual Framework
- 4 The OECD Environment Directorate: The Art of Persuasion and Its Limitations
- 5 The World Bank: Making the Business Case for the Environment
- 6 The Secretariat of the International Maritime Organization: A Tanker for Tankers
- 7 The Secretariat of the United Nations Environment Programme: Tangled Up in Blue
- 8 The Secretariat of the Global Environment Facility: From Network to Bureaucracy
- 9 The Ozone Secretariat: The Good Shepherd of Ozone Politics
- 10 The Climate Secretariat: Making a Living in a Straitjacket
- 11 The Biodiversity Secretariat: Lean Shark in Troubled Waters
- 12 The Desertification Secretariat: A Castle Made of Sand
- 13 The Influence of International Bureaucracies in World Politics: Findings from the MANUS Research Program
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.