- Title Pages
- Series Foreword
- 1 Introduction
- 2 A Conditional Theory of Specialized Governance
- 3 Private Costs and Public Benefits in Local Public Services
- 4 Distributing the Price of Growth
- 5 Boundaries and the Incentive to Act Alone
- 6 Fighting over Land and Water: Venues in Local Growth Disputes
- 7 Specialization and Fragmentation in American Local Governance
- Appendix 1 Explanation of Data and Model, Chapter 3
- Appendix 2 Explanation of Data and Model, Chapter 4
- Appendix 3 Explanation of Data and Model, Chapter 5
- Governing the Tap
- The MIT Press
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.