- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction: The Extended Mind in Focus
- 2 The Extended Mind
- 3 <i>Memento</i>’s Revenge: The Extended Mind, Extended
- 4 Defending the Bounds of Cognition
- 5 Coupling, Constitution, and the Cognitive Kind: A Reply to Adams and Aizawa
- 6 The Varieties of Externalism
- 7 The Alleged Coupling-Constitution Fallacy and the Mature Sciences
- 8 Meaning Making and the Mind of the Externalist
- 9 Exograms and Interdisciplinarity: History, the Extended Mind, and the Civilizing Process
- 10 Cognitive Integration and the Extended Mind
- 11 In Defense of Extended Functionalism
- 12 Consciousness, Broadly Construed
- 13 The Extended Infant: Utterance-Activity and Distributed Cognition
- 14 Representation in Extended Cognitive Systems: Does the Scaffolding of Language Extend the Mind?
- 15 The Extended Mind, the Concept of Belief, and Epistemic Credit
- The Extended Mind
- The MIT Press
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.