- Title Pages
- Introduction: Framing the Problems of Time and Identity
- 1 Temporal Reality
- 2 Time for a Change: A Polemic against the Presentism–Eternalism Debate
- 3 Context, Conditionals, Fatalism, Time Travel, and Freedom
- 4 The Identity of the Past
- 5 Identity through Change and Substitutivity <i>Salva Veritate</i>
- 6 Identifying the Problem of Personal Identity
- 7 Persistence and Responsibility
- 8 Descartes on Persistence and Temporal Parts
- 9 Persons, Animals, and Human Beings
- 10 Me, Again
- 11 Selves and Self-Concepts
- 12 Ex Ante Desire and Post Hoc Satisfaction
- 13 Eternalism and Death’s Badness
- 14 The Time of the Evil of Death
- 15 The Retroactivity Problem
- 16 Love Conquers All, Even Time?
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.