- Title Pages
- Introduction: A Fresh Perspective on Work
- 1 The Ancient Patterns of Work in Living Systems
- 2 Energy, Information, and the Work of the Brain
- 3 Performance-Yield Trade-offs in Work in Manufactured and Living Systems: Design Centering Looks at the World of Work
- 4 The Impact of Photosynthetic Work on Earth, Climate, and the Biosphere
- 5 Niche Construction and Human Behavioral Ecology: Tools for Understanding Work
- 6 The Work of Designers: Cultures of Making and Representation
- 7 Working on the Edge Today: Dissatisfaction, Adaptation, and Performance
- 8 Do Energy Allocations Affect Work Performance? The Working Energy/Take-Home Energy Trade-off Hypothesis
- 9 Responding to the Challenges of the Environment: Stressors, the Brain, and Work
- Reflections: On Exploring Work in Living Systems
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.