- Title Pages
- Foreword Internal Conflict and Political Violence: New Developments in Research
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Targeting Civilians to Win? Assessing the Military Effectiveness of Civilian Victimization in Interstate War
- Chapter 3 War, Collaboration, and Endogenous Ethnic Polarization: The Path to Ethnic Cleansing
- Chapter 4 Assimilation and its Alternatives: Caveats in the Study of Nation-building Policies
- Chapter 5 Ethnic Partition Under the League of Nations: The Cases of Population Exchanges in the Interwar Balkans
- Chapter 6 Driven to Arms? The Escalation to Violence in Nationalist Conflicts
- Chapter 7 Dissent, Repression, and Inconsistency
- Chapter 8 A Composite-Actor Approach to Conflict Behavior
- Chapter 9 The Turn to Violence in Self-Determination Struggles in Chechnya and Punjab
- Chapter 10 Mobilization and Resistance: A Framework for Analysis
- Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.