- Title Pages
- The Ernst Strüngmann Forum
- List of Contributors
- 1 Launching the Century of the Patient
- 2 When Misinformed Patients Try to Make Informed Health Decisions
- 3 Reducing Unwarranted Variation in Clinical Practice by Supporting Clinicians and Patients in Decision Making
- 4 Do Patients Want Shared Decision Making and How Is This Measured?
- 5 Health Research Agendas and Funding
- 6 Reporting of Research
- 7 Medical Journals Can Be Less Biased
- 8 What Is Needed for Better Health Care: Better Systems, Better Patients or Both?
- 9 Statistical Illiteracy in Doctors
- 10 Statistical Illiteracy in Journalism
- 11 Improving Health Care Journalism
- 12 Barriers to Health Information and Building Solutions
- 13 How Can Better Evidence Be Delivered?
- 14 The Drug Facts Box
- 15 Reengineering Medical Education
- 16 The Chasm between Evidence and Practice
- 17 The Future of Diagnostics
- 18 Direct-to-Consumer Advertising
- 19 How Will Health Care Professionals and Patients Work Together in 2020?
- Subject Index
- Better Doctors, Better Patients, Better Decisions
- The MIT Press
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.