- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Bilingualism in School
- 3 The Debate on the Nature of Bilingual Proficiency
- 4 Componential Approaches to the Study of Language Proficiency
- 5 Research on the Components of Bilingual Proficiency
- 6 The Critical Period, Access to Universal Grammar in First and Second Language, and Language Attrition
- 7 An Analysis of Academic Language Proficiency
- 8 Metalinguistic Awareness, Bilingualism, and Writing
- 9 Metalinguistic Awareness, Bilingualism, and Reading
- 10 Conclusion
- Appendix 1: Assessment of Metalinguistic Awareness Related to Bilingualism
- Appendix 2: Indices of Additive Bilingualism
- Appendix 3: Early Childhood Borrowing and Codeswitching
- Appendix 4: Writing Samples, including the Assessment of Revision/Correction
- Bilingual Competence and Bilingual Proficiency in Child Development
- The MIT Press
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.