- Title Pages
- Series Foreword
- 1 The Ethics of Animal Research: An Overview of the Debate
- 2 Ethics and Animal Research
- 3 The Evolutionary Basis for Animal Research
- 4 Defending Animal Research: An International Perspective
- 5 Animal Experimentation, Marginal Cases, and the Significance of Suffering
- 6 Lives in the Balance: Utilitarianism and Animal Research
- 7 Empty Cages: Animal Rights and Vivisection
- 8 Virtue, Vice, and Vivisection
- 9 Contractarianism, Animals, and Risk
- 10 Ethical Issues Concerning Transgenic Animals in Biomedical Research
- 11 Casuistry and the Moral Continuum: Evaluating Animal Biotechnology
- 12 Debating the Value of Animal Research
- 13 The Commonsense Case against Animal Experimentation
- 14 Rational Engagement, Emotional Response, and the Prospects for Moral Progress in Animal Use “Debates”
- 15 Animal Rights Advocacy and Modern Medicine: The Charge of Hypocrisy
- 16 We’re All Animals: A Feminist Treatment of the Moral Limits of Nonhuman Animal Research
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.