- Title Pages
- Linguistic Inquiry Monographs
- Series Foreword
- 1 Introduction to the Puzzles
- 2 Do We Need the Traditional Case Categories?
- 3 Russian as a Case-Stacking Language
- 4 Argument 1 for the Core Proposal: NGEN, DNOM, and POBL
- 5 An Independent Argument from Gender Agreement for the Initial Low Position of Paucals
- 6 Numerals and Other Quantifiers
- 7 VACC and the Morphosyntax of Direct Objects
- 8 Argument 2 for the Core Proposal: “You Are What You Assign”
- 9 Feature Assignment and the Notion “Prototype”
- 10 Conclusions
- Appendix 1 Nominative Plural Adjectives in Paucal Constructions
- Appendix 2 A Defectivity Puzzle: The Numeral-Classifier Construction
- Appendix 3 A South Slavic Argument by Horvath (2011) That “You Are What You Assign” Holds of Prepositions
- Author Index
- Subject Index
- Russian Case Morphology and the Syntactic Categories
- The MIT Press
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.