- Title Pages
- The Ernst Strüngmann Forum
- List of Contributors
- Foreword The Culture of Peace Anwarul K. Chowdhury
- 1 Peace Is a Lifelong Process
- 2 Framing Our Analysis
- 3 Ecology of Peace
- 4 Peptide Pathways to Peace
- 5 Epigenetics
- 6 Group Identity as an Obstacle and Catalyst of Peace
- 7 Human Biological Development and Peace
- 8 Comparative and Evolutionary Perspectives
- 9 The Problem of Institutionalization of Young Children and Its Consequences for Efforts to Build Peaceful Societies
- 10 Prosocial Development and Situational Morality
- 11 How Do Events and Relationships in Childhood Set the Stage for Peace at Personal and Social Levels?
- 12 Mental Health and Development among Children Living in Violent Conditions
- 13 Structural Violence and Early Childhood Development
- 14 Promoting the Capacity for Peace in Early Childhood
- 15 Healthy Human Development as a Path to Peace
- 16 Interventions
- 17 Linking Peacebuilding and Child Development
- 18 The Power of Media in Peacebuilding
- 19 Creating Effective Programs and Policies to Reduce Violence and Promote Peace
- Subject Index
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.