- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 <i>Monte</i>
- 3 Making the Panama Canal Watershed
- 4 Frank Robinson’s Map
- 5 Life along the River (Miocene-1903)
- 6 Canal Construction and the Politics of Water
- 7 <i>Pueblos Perdidos</i>, or How the Lake Ate the River
- 8 The Agricultural Possibilities of the Canal Zone
- 9 Getting Across and Getting Around
- 10 The World United, Panama Divided
- 11 The Conquest of the Jungle
- 12 Weeds
- 13 A Demanding Environment
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.