- Title Pages
- 1 What Engineers Know about Design
- 2 Why an Animal Needs a Brain
- 3 Why a Bigger Brain?
- 4 How Bigger Brains Are Organized
- 5 Information Processing: From Molecules to Molecular Circuits
- 6 Information Processing in Protein Circuits
- 7 Design of Neurons
- 8 How Photoreceptors Optimize the Capture of Visual Information
- 9 The Fly Lamina: An Efficient Interface for High-Speed Vision
- 10 Design of Neural Circuits: Recoding Analogue Signals to Pulsatile
- 11 Principles of Retinal Design
- 12 Beyond the Retina: Pathways to Perception and Action
- 13 Principles of Efficient Wiring
- 14 Learning as Design/Design of Learning
- 15 Summary and Conclusions
- Principles of Neural Design
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.