- Title Pages
- 1 A New Era of Catastrophes
- 2 Catastrophe Risk and the Regulation of Property Insurance: A Comparative Analysis across States
- 3 A Market Analysis of Property Insurance against Hurricane Risk
- 4 Come Rain or Shine: Flood Risk Financing through Public Insurance
- 5 Homeowners’ Decision Making for Purchasing Insurance Coverage
- 6 Private Insurers’ Decision Making for Supplying Coverage
- 7 Private Reinsurers’ Decision Making for Supplying Coverage
- 8 Innovative Insurance-Linked Securities for Financing Extreme Events
- 9 A Framework for Linking Supply and Demand of Disaster Insurance
- 10 A Multistate Empirical Analysis of Homeowners’ Insurance
- 11 Impact of Insurance Status on Economic Welfare of Homeowners in Hazard-Prone Areas: The Affordability Challenge
- 12 Enhancing the Implementation of Risk Reduction Measures
- 13 Policy Analysis of Alternative Programs: Comparing the Status Quo with a True Competitive Insurance Market
- 14 Proposed Innovations for Dealing with Catastrophic Risks
- 15 Winning the War Against the Weather and Other Extreme Events
- Study Directors and Other Lead Authors
- At War with the Weather
- The MIT Press
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.