- Title Pages
- 1 Action, Ethics, and Responsibility: A Framework
- 2 A Reappraisal of the Doctrine of Doing and Allowing
- 3 Killing John to Save Mary: A Defense of the Moral Distinction between Killing and Letting Die
- 4 Making Up One’s Mind
- 5 Conscious Intentions
- 6 Locke’s Compatibilism: Suspension of Desire or Suspension of Determinism?
- 7 The Fall of the <i>Mind</i> Argument and Some Lessons about Freedom
- 8 Selective Hard Compatibilism
- 9 Manipulation and Guidance Control: A Reply to Long
- 10 Free Will: Some Bad News
- 11 Responsibility and Practical Reason
- 12 The Metaphysics of Collective Agency
- 13 Moral Judgment and Volitional Incapacity
- 14 “So Sick He Deserves It”: Desert, Dangerousness, and Character in the Context of Capital Sentencing
- 15 Types of Terror Bombing and Shifting Responsibility
- Action, Ethics, and Responsibility
- The MIT Press
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.