- Title Pages
- Urban and Industrial Environments
- Foreword: Integrating the Social into the Built Environment
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Building Expertise: Renovation as Professional Innovation
- 3 LEED, Collaborative Rationality, and Green Building Public Policy
- 4 Beyond Platinum: Making the Case for Titanium Buildings
- 5 Why Multinational Corporations Still Need to Keep It Local: Environment, Operations, and Ownership in the Hospitality Industry
- 6 The Evolution of the Green Building Supply Industry: Entrepreneurial Entrants and Diversifying Incumbents
- 7 Individual Projects as Portals for Mainstreaming Niche Innovations
- 8 Empowering the Inhabitant: Communications Technologies, Responsive Interfaces, and Living in Sustainable Buildings
- 9 Building Up to Organizational Sustainability: How the Greening of Places Transforms Organizations
- 10 Green School Building Success: Innovation through a Flat Team Approach
- 11 Generativity: Reconceptualizing the Benefits of Green Buildings
- 12 Conveying Greenness: Sustainable Ideals and Organizational Narratives about LEED-Certified Buildings
- 13 Challenging the Imperative to Build: The Case of a Controversial Bridge at a World Heritage Site
- 14 Incorporating Biophilic Design through Living Walls: The Decision-Making Process
- 15 Constructing Green: Challenging Conventional Building Practices
- 16 Constructing the Biophilic Community
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.