- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Democracy and Public Problems
- 3 Managing Urban Growth: The Problem and Its Civics
- 4 Rethinking the American West: A Civic Intermediary and the Movement for “Quality Growth” in Utah
- 5 The Grassroots-to-Grasstops Dynamic: Slum Redevelopment and Accountability in Mumbai
- 6 The Civics of Economic Restructuring
- 7 The Hyper-organized Region: Leading the Next “New Economy” in Pittsburgh
- 8 Progressive Regionalism and Entrepreneurial Government: Democratization and Competitive Restructuring in the Greater ABC, Brazil
- 9 Leading Change in Child and Youth Well-Being
- 10 From the Ballot Box to Better Results: Cross-Sector Accountability in the San Francisco Children’s Movement
- 11 Rights, Conflict, and Civic Capacity: Meeting the Needs of Poor Children and Families in Postapartheid Cape Town
- 12 Conclusion
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.