- Title Pages
- Tables, Figures, and Maps
- Series Foreword
- 1 Challenging the East–West Binary
- 2 Eurasian Marriage
- 3 Nuptiality
- 4 The Roads to Reproduction
- 5 The Influence of Economic Factors on First Marriage in Historical Europe and Asia
- 6 Remarriage, Gender, and Rural Households
- 7 Social Norms and Human Agency
- 8 Prudence as Obstinate Resistance to Pressure
- 9 Between Constraints and Coercion
- 10 Economic and Household Factors of First Marriage in Two Northeastern Japanese Villages, 1716–1870
- 11 Categorical Inequality and Gender Difference
- 12 Similarities and Differences in Pre-modern Eurasian Marriage
- Similarity in Difference
- The MIT Press
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.