- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Building Representations with Neurons and Spikes
- 3 Peeling Off Our Conscious Lives
- 4 What Neural Network Models Can and Cannot Explain about Cognition
- 5 Networks and the Problem of Panpsychism
- 6 Structure and Function of Brain Systems for Conscious and Nonconscious Representation
- 7 Same Brain, Different States: Waking, Sleeping, and Anesthesia
- 8 Requirements for Conscious Representations
- 9 Neural Mechanisms for Conscious Representations
- 10 Levels of Representational Organization
- 11 Philosophical and Future Perspectives
- The Brain's Representational Power
- The MIT Press
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.