- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Theory and Consequences
- 3 Approaches to Modeling Cities and Regions
- 4 Urban Systems and Spatial Competition
- 5 The Fractal Forms of Urban Land Use Patterns
- 6 Urban and Regional Land Use Dynamics: Understanding the Process by Means of Cellular Automaton–Based Models
- 7 The Bigger Picture: Integrated Multiscale Models
- 8 The Cellular Automaton Eats the Regions: Unified Modeling of Activities and Land Use in a Variable Grid Cellular Automaton
- 9 Issues of Calibration, Validation, and Methodology
- 10 Emerging Theory
- 11 Modeling in Support of Spatial Planning and Policy Making: The Example of Flanders
- 12 Paths to the Future
- Modeling Cities and Regions As Complex Systems
- The MIT Press
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.