- Title Pages
- 1 Humans Rule!
- 2 Brain Soup
- 3 Got Brains?
- 4 Not All Brains Are Made the Same
- 5 Remarkable, but Not Extraordinary
- 6 The Elephant in the Room
- 7 What Cortical Expansion?
- 8 A Body Matter?
- 9 So How Much Does It Cost?
- 10 Brains or Brawn: You Can’t Have Both
- 11 Thank Cooking for Your Neurons
- 12 … But Plenty of Neurons Aren’t Enough
- Epilogue: Our Place in Nature
- Appendix A: Body Mass, Brain Mass, and Number of Neurons
- Appendix B: Scaling Rules
- The Human Advantage
- The MIT Press
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.