Laura DeNardis and Michael Zimmer, series editors
Interfaces on Trial 2.0, Jonathan Band and Masanobu Katoh
Opening Standards: The Global Politics of Interoperability, Laura DeNardis, editor
The Reputation Society: How Online Opinions Are Reshaping the Offline World, Hassan Masum and Mark Tovey, editors
The Digital Rights Movement: The Role of Technology in Subverting Digital Copyright, Hector Postigo
Technologies of Choice? ICTs, Development, and the Capabilities Approach, Dorothea Kleine
Pirate Politics: The New Information Policy Contests, Patrick Burkart
After Access: The Mobile Internet and Inclusion in the Developing World, Jonathan Donner
The World Made Meme: Public Conversations and Participatory Media, Ryan Milner
The End of Ownership: Personal Property in the Digital Economy, Aaron Perzanowski and Jason Schultz
The MIT Press
- All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form by any
- electronic or mechanical means (including photocopying, recording, or information
- storage and retrieval) without permission in writing from the publisher.
- This book was set in Stone Sans and Stone Serif by Toppan Best-set Premedia Limited.
- Printed and bound in the United States of America.
- Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
- Names: Perzanowski, Aaron, author. | Schultz, Jason M., author.
- Title: The end of ownership : personal property in the digital economy /
- Aaron Perzanowski and Jason Schultz.
- Description: Cambridge, MA : The MIT Press, 2016. | Series: The information
- society series | Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Identifiers: LCCN 2016013180 | ISBN 9780262035019 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Subjects: LCSH: Personal property. | Internet—Law and legislation. |
- Electronic commerce—Law and legislation. | Intellectual property.
- Classification: LCC K783 .P47 2016 | DDC 346.04/8—dc23 LC record available at
- 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1