- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- Introduction: Understanding the Bodily Self
- 1 Nonconceptual Self-Consciousness and Cognitive Science
- 2 Ecological Perception and the Notion of a Nonconceptual Point of View
- 3 The Sources of Self-Consciousness
- 4 The Elusiveness Thesis, Immunity to Error through Misidentification, and Privileged Access
- 5 The Phenomenology of Bodily Awareness
- 6 Bodily Awareness and Self-Consciousness
- 7 Bodily Ownership, Bodily Awareness, and Knowledge without Observation
- 8 Ownership and the Space of the Body
- 9 Bodily Ownership, Psychological Ownership, and Psychopathology
- 10 The Bodily Self, Commonsense Psychology, and the Springs of Action
- Afterword: Looking Ahead
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.