- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- Introduction: Science Wars, New and Old
1Science as Argumentative Practice
3Closing the Gap
- Postscript I The Return of the Logical
4Habermas’s Critical Theory and Science
5Habermas’s Theory of Argumentation as an Integrated Model of Cogency
6Argumentation at Fermilab: Putting the Habermasian Model to Work
- Postscript II Who’s Afraid of SSK? The Problem and Possibilities of Interdisciplinary Cooperation
7Adjusting the Pragmatic Turn: Lessons from Ethnomethodology
8Three Dimensions of Argument Cogency—A Contextualist Case Study
9Critical Science Studies and the Good Society
- Cogent Science in Context
- The MIT Press
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.