- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- Introduction: Science Wars, New and Old
- 1 Science as Argumentative Practice
- 2 Kuhn’s Gap
- 3 Closing the Gap
- Postscript I The Return of the Logical
- 4 Habermas’s Critical Theory and Science
- 5 Habermas’s Theory of Argumentation as an Integrated Model of Cogency
- 6 Argumentation at Fermilab: Putting the Habermasian Model to Work
- Postscript II Who’s Afraid of SSK? The Problem and Possibilities of Interdisciplinary Cooperation
- 7 Adjusting the Pragmatic Turn: Lessons from Ethnomethodology
- 8 Three Dimensions of Argument Cogency—A Contextualist Case Study
- 9 Critical Science Studies and the Good Society
- Cogent Science in Context
- The MIT Press
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.