- Title Pages
- 1 What Is an Ontology?
- 2 Kinds of Ontologies and the Role of Taxonomies
- 3 Principles of Best Practice I: Domain Ontology Design
- 4 Principles of Best Practice II: Terms, Definitions, and Classification
- 5 Introduction to Basic Formal Ontology I: Continuants
- 6 Introduction to Basic Formal Ontology II: Occurrents
- 7 The Ontology of Relations
- 8 Basic Formal Ontology at Work
- Appendix on Implementation: Languages, Editors, Reasoners, Browsers, Tools for Reuse
- Web Links Mentioned in the Text Including Ontologies, Research Groups, Software, and Reasoning Tools
- Building Ontologies With Basic Formal Ontology
Andrew D. Spear
- The MIT Press
MIT Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.